Treat yo’ self is a motto that I live by on a daily basis, no joke. Chances are, if my sweet tooth cravings kick in, I’m gonna tell myself, “hey, just treat yo’ self!” This girl has no self control. The thing is, since I’m always craving sweets, somehow I gotta make sure I’m not eating too much sugar, right?
That’s where these 5 ingredient (!!!) chocolate peanut butter cookies come into play.
I’ve realized that even though chocolate and peanut butter are my all-time favorite food combos, I’ve only really done one post featuring them! These choc pb cookies are healthy. Crunchy. Chocolate-and-peanut-butter-y. All they y’s. Best of all, they’re only 5 ingredients! Actually, they’re technically six ingredients, but salt doesn’t count. Peanut butter, cocoa, an egg, honey, baking powder, and salt, then bake and eat. Ready to be devoured in a couple minutes’ time. You know what that means? MORE SWEETS FOR ME.
I have a problem. And I’m willing to admit it, because heyyy girl, TREAT YO SELF!
Short post today, because even though school hasn’t started yet, it sure feels like it! I’m at my school for camp every single weekday until it starts, and today I only managed to snap a couple pictures before the sun went down last night. Hopefully I’ll be able to do some work over the weekend for y’all to see! xo
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside for later.
- Mix all ingredients (peanut butter, egg, honey, cocoa, salt, and cacao nibs if you choose) using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Form cookie dough into 1-inch thick balls. I find that using a small ice cream scoop works best! Place them on the baking sheet and flatten with your palms or a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are firm when touched. Let cool, and enjoy!