Say hello to thick, chocolatey, chia pudding heaven! Yeahhhh, baby. Ever since I first read Cookie and Kate’s chia pudding recipe, I knew it was time for me to jump on the chia pudding trend. As usual, I’m late. They’ve been popular in the food/health world for quite a while, and since it’s such an easy and delicious recipe to make, I’m kind of surprised that I’m only now sharing this chocolate chia pudding recipe on the blog!
Thing is, I know most people out there enjoy simple, easy recipes that can be made in a flash. This chocolate chia pudding is made directly in a mason jar, so you can prepare the pudding, chill it in the fridge and let it do it’s chia magic, then take it out the next morning and add toppings! Seriously, when they say “under 5 minutes” I literally mean under 5 minutes. And if it’s a lazy Sunday morning, treat yourself by pouring the pudding into a bowl and topping it (so #fancy and #instagrammable).
Treat yo’ self is a motto that I live by on a daily basis, no joke. Chances are, if my sweet tooth cravings kick in, I’m gonna tell myself, “hey, just treat yo’ self!” This girl has no self control. The thing is, since I’m always craving sweets, somehow I gotta make sure I’m not eating too much sugar, right?
That’s where these 5 ingredient (!!!) chocolate peanut butter cookies come into play.
I’ve realized that even though chocolate and peanut butter are my all-time favorite food combos, I’ve only really done one post featuring them! These choc pb cookies are healthy. Crunchy. Chocolate-and-peanut-butter-y. All they y’s. Best of all, they’re only 5 ingredients! Actually, they’re technically six ingredients, but salt doesn’t count. Peanut butter, cocoa, an egg, honey, baking powder, and salt, then bake and eat. Ready to be devoured in a couple minutes’ time. You know what that means? MORE SWEETS FOR ME.
I have a problem. And I’m willing to admit it, because heyyy girl, TREAT YO SELF!
It’s that time of year, when everyone’s out and about, planning events for picnics, potlucks, cookouts, and summer parties. And who would I be if I didn’t join in with the festivities? Today’s post is super-duper exciting because right now, not only am I sharing this amazing classic tomato bruschetta, I’m thrilled to announce that #CookcoutWeek2017 is officially under way!!
I’m joining up with over 40 of my food blogger friends to bring you the perfect recipes for hosting the perfect summer get-together, whether it’s by the poolside, at the park, or in your backyard. If that isn’t exciting enough, we’re also have a giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made this year’s #CookoutWeek possible! By entering, you could win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This entire prize pack has a total value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media. You can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
Summer! Watermelon Lemonade! So! Much! Excitement!
Confession: I haven’t had lemonade in a hot minute. The last time I had it was when I was little, and I know that it was one of my favorite summer drinks growing up! We’re already a couple weeks into summer break, and I haven’t even really thought about actually enjoying the warmer weather. Last week, I was busy at my high school preparing for the upcoming school year already! Thankfully, that’s all over now, and I can seriously start to get in a summer state of mind.
Happy Sunday y’all! It’s been a pretty hectic couple of days, and now that all the craziness has somewhat subsided, I’m completely exhausted and in need of a nice, long nap. A good solid 9 hours of sleep is all I really want! Nonetheless, I’ve still got tons of chores and things to do around the house. Because I’ve been so busy, this banana nut smoothie bowl has really been a life saver for me in the mornings, and a great afternoon snack for when I get home from school. I love throwing all of my ingredients in my Ninja the night before, refrigerating it, and it’s all ready to blend and go. When I have the time, I’ll pour it into a bowl and make it fancy with nuts and bananas. It’s creamy, energizing, and super duper healthy!