Happy valentines day! Although I honestly don’t have any reason to celebrate the holiday whatsoever, I finally decided to do a post on it anyways. The holiday itself is sweet, pink, and chocolate-filled, so obviously there’s no reason why I shouldn’t do something festive. Plus, what’s wrong with a little extra sweetness?
Today I’m sharing a quick little chocolate waffle recipe that I’m currently obsessed with (I had a bunch of raspberries in my fridge one day and I thought… why not come up with something with them?). They’re delicious, decadent, and super duper sweet – perfect for treating yourself or your significant other. I prefer the first :)
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature **
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup milk, room temperature **
- ½ cup raspberry puree *
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- chocolate chips
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, milk, and raspberry puree.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until just combined (don't overmix!), and pour into the waffle iron to cook.
- Enjoy with a generous drizzle of either honey, melted chocolate, fresh strawberries, chocolate chips, or pile 'em all on top!
** It's very important that all of your wet ingredients are at room temperature because if they're straight from the fridge, the coconut oil will solidify and clump up your mixture
What are y’alls Valentines plans?