It’s that time of year, when everyone’s out and about, planning events for picnics, potlucks, cookouts, and summer parties. And who would I be if I didn’t join in with the festivities? Today’s post is super-duper exciting because right now, not only am I sharing this amazing classic tomato bruschetta, I’m thrilled to announce that #CookcoutWeek2017 is officially under way!!
I’m joining up with over 40 of my food blogger friends to bring you the perfect recipes for hosting the perfect summer get-together, whether it’s by the poolside, at the park, or in your backyard. If that isn’t exciting enough, we’re also have a giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made this year’s #CookoutWeek possible! By entering, you could win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This entire prize pack has a total value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media. You can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
Now, let’s talk bruschetta.
You can’t really go wrong with this recipe: it’s basically a mini salad on top of crunchy, oven-toasted bread. I threw in some sharp gouda cheese, but that’s completely optional (although you really should give it a try). As simple as this bruschetta is, it’s addicting, and I’m not even gonna lie. Once you take a small bite, you’ll end up shoving the entire plate down your throat. Graphic, I know, but just being honest here.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, minced (5-8 basil leaves)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup gouda cheese
- half of a french bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut french bread diagonally into half inch slices, and toast in the oven for about 4-6 minutes until slightly crispy. Flip, sprinkle over gouda cheese, and toast again until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- While the bread is toasting, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add coconut oil and garlic. Saute garlic until 1-2 minutes, until a light brown color. Combine browned garlic (including remaining coconut oil), tomatoes, basil, and salt and pepper. Give a gentle stir, and set to the side.
- Top with tomato-basil mixture, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can enter the giveaway here:
Listed below are all of my fellow food bloggers who are linking up and joining this year’s #CookoutWeek. Make sure to check out their recipes as they post throughout the week!
The PinterTest Kitchen (host) • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Ashees Cookbook • Baking Sense • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Sapana • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fix Me a Little Lunch • For the Love of Food • Full Belly Sisters • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home Sweet Homestead • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Little House Big Alaska • My Southern Sweet Tooth (that’s me!) • Our Good Life • Oven Tales By Syama • Palatable Pastime • Rants From My Crazy Kitchen • Savory Moments • Seduction in the Kitchen • Sidewalk Shoes • That Recipe • The Freshman Cook • The Mad Scientists Kitchen • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • Tramplingrose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen
Want a bonus entry? Easy! Just drop a comment down below, letting me know what your favorite summer food is! :)
That looks SO good, and so attainable! I’m not the quirkiest chef — in fact, I wouldn’t ever refer to myself as a chef — but this looks like something I could rock out!
Rock it out girlll!
There’s nothing I love more than bruschetta! Lovely recipe and photos! Looks so delicious!
Yummmm I love bruschetta!
This looks SO fresh and delicious!
Oh…I love this stuff! The first time I had it was at a wedding and I could not stop eating. I’ll have to try it with the cheese.
I added the gouda for an extra bit of flavor and haven’t looked back since!
This looks divine!! Yum Yum!!!
Bruschetta is one of my favorite things ever–I need this in my life! :P
gotta love bruschetta :)
This looks mouth-watering delicious! The best part though it that it’s simple and healthy, too. So good!
I’ve been wanting to make bruschetta, so I’ll have to give your recipe a try! It looks delicious!
So glad you liked it Julia. Let me know how it goes!
Yum, love me some Summertime bruschetta! And I love that unique addition of the gouda cheese!
Gouda is my fav!
I just love bruschetta-2 of my favorite things; bread and tomatoes. This looks really good.
Thank you <3
This looks divine!! Bruschetta is one of my favorite snacks and yours is beautiful!
Wow how interesting! It looks so delicious!
This is the exact sort of thing I love eating for dinner during summer. I’m so going to make it this week!
One of my favorite things about summer…tomatoes! This salad looks amazing, and I hope I’m a winner :)
Ive never made brushcetta with gouda before! yum!! Fresh tomatoes in summer are the best!
I love pasta salads especially in the summer. There are so many different kinds sometimes it is hard to choose.
I’m not sure I’ve ever had bruschetta with gouda and I am saddened by this realization. Looks great!