Guys… I don’t even know where to begin with these. Stuffed with luxurious Nutella and chocolate chips, these cookies are a fun and delicious twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie. Mmm! I don’t know about y’all, but growing up, I’d always have a quick shortbread or Girl-Scout cookie phase, but I’d always end up coming back to the good ol’ chocolate chip. I’ve always loved the warm, chocolatey, chewy-on-the-inside and crunchy-on-the-outside taste/texture of the cookie, and it’s been my favorite for pretty much my whole life. Can you blame me?
And now look how far they’ve come… even more chocolatey, with a hint of nuttiness. NUTELLA.
The cookie dough is going to be a little softer and wetter than your average cookie dough, because I wanted to make it easier for y’all when you’re rolling up the little Nutella balls! If you used a regular cookie recipe, you’d probably squishing and misshaping some of the Nutella balls, but if you have a favorite cookie recipe you’d prefer to use, by all means do so! Also, it’s important that you chill it in the fridge after you make it, because it can get too soft. It’s all about finding a happy medium :)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- scant 1 cup nutella *
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Make sure the Nutella has been chilling in the fridge the night before, or at least 4-5 hours.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil, butter, and two sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Stir in vanilla, and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a medium bowl and mix to combine. Slowly beat into wet ingredients until a dough is formed (it will be stickier and wetter than traditional cookie dough). Wrap in saran wrap and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes
- Meanwhile, take Nutella out of the fridge and roll into ½ inch balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Place on a cookie sheet and in the fridge to chill.
- After the dough has chilled, roll into 1 inch balls (or use a cookie scoop) and flatten with your palm. Place one Nutella ball in the center and wrap it up, so that the Nutella is in the center of the cookie dough. Flatten slightly with your hands, and bake in the oven for 19-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Hope y’all give this a try!