This edible cookie dough is THE MOST addicting treat I’ve made on the blog yet, and it’s going to be pretty hard to surpass. Peanut butter, thickened up with almond flour, and sweetened with honey… perfection. So basically it’s peanut butter in the form of a healthier, eggless cookie dough. Do you see where I’m going with this?? Especially if you’re someone who can go through half a jar of peanut butter in one sitting (*cough* me *cough*), then this stuff is dangerous.
Look at how fun!
I’m not the biggest fan of peanuts, but I looooove peanut butter (surprisingly, though, this cookie dough makes them peanuts taste 1000x better? not sure how that happened, but I’m not complaining). Feel free to top this yummy treat with all the toppings of your cookie dough dreams, including but not limited to:
- crunchy things: peanuts, nuts in general, granola, popcorn, pretzels, and maybe even freshly baked cookies if you’re feeling adventurous!
- chocolatey things: cacao nibs, cocoa puffs, chocolate ganache, chocolate covered anything, or just plain ol’ choc chips
- fun things: sprinkles, frosting, peanut brittle, dried banana, etc.
- drizzle over: more peanut butter, chocolate sauce, caramel and/or whipped cream
OOH! You can even add this to vanilla ice cream, plain cupcakes, waffles, and ohmygoodness I’m making myself drool.
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough:
Also, completely off topic, but if you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know that I’ve kinda been playing around with logos and branding stuff these past few weeks (P.S. sorry!). I’m finally all done with that! My blog is gonna stay this way for a while, until I change my mind again, which is unfortunately something I can’t control (my brain literally has ideas of it’s own). I’ve been wanting to customize this theme from the default version, so my dad and I played around with the CSS and I’m really happy where it’s at.
I’d also like to say that the first week of school has completely kicked my butt. On Saturday, I slept till ten, which is really late for me, because I usually have to get up early on the weekends to take care of my dog anyways! It was so so nice, and even then, I was still exhausted for the entire day. Monday’s not even over yet, and even though I’m at home I feel like I could fall asleep at any given moment. Someone want to send me a nap please?
Anyways, at least I have this delicious cookie dough to snack on! xo
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- toppings of choice (sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.)
- To make a flax egg: mix together water and ground flax, and chill in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes, until slightly thickened and an "egg-like" consistency.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour and salt. Give a quick stir, and set aside for later.
- In a small bowl, add peanut butter and honey. Microwave for about 30 seconds (maybe even less), until both ingredients are smooth and runny. Stir until fully combined.
- Add flax egg and peanut butter/honey mixtures into the bowl with almond flour, and stir until a thick dough is formed (you might even need to use your hands). Enjoy as is, or top with your favorite ingredients!