So, Super Bowl 51 is tomorrow. I’ve got to admit, I’m not so excited for it. For the first time since I’ve been actually into football, the Cowboys played really well this year, and they had a chance at getting into the Superbowl! I guess it’ll be kinda bittersweet, because I always love watching the big game, but my favorite team won’t be in it :(
Well, life goes on.
I made these delicious chocolate covered peanut butter bites that are shaped like footballs… how cute are they?? I highly suggest making these if you’re not attending/hosting a Super Bowl party this year, because these are gonna go fast! It’s better to eat them all on your own, because that’s always the way to go.
Admittedly I’ll probably be crunching on chips and salsa, but these peanut butter bites are a cute, Instagram-worthy way to get in the tailgating mood.
Falcons versus Patriots… may the best team win.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bites
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, plus more for decoration
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp chocolate chips, separated
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp almond milk, separated
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, peanut butter, 3 tbsp of chocolate chips, 2 tbsp milk, and salt. Form into ovals and chill in the fridge until set.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt together remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 2 tbsp almond milk in a microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate and chill in the fridge until the chocolate layer is no longer sticky. Pipe a straight line of peanut butter down the length of the ball, and then three smaller lines across the longer line (see blog post for pictures). Enjoy!
note that the prep/cook time does not include the time it takes to chill the balls in the fridge
Who are you rooting for?