I didn’t have any gingerbread man cookie cutters so I improvised by using christmas tree and candy cane cutters :) The present and snowman head ones are just for decoration, but I plan to use those as well.
Honestly this entire process brought back so many old Christmas memories back of my family and I making cookies together, and getting into the holiday spirit by baking!
These cookies are super crisp and spice-y, which I love (sorry about this one being a little blurry!)I’m not the best at decorating cookies, but this is the best I could do lol!
Skinny Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together coconut oil and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in water, molasses, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together to for a uniformed dough (use hands if needed). Roll out the dough, cut out cookies using a cookie cutter, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 – 12 minutes or until cookies are still slightly soft to the touch. Let cool for 30 minutes. Enjoy!