This post is sponsored by Smokin’ O’s. All opinions are my own (I pinkie promise).
I’m kinda sorta freaking out over this grilled pizza right now. For one, I actually grilled the thing. Me! All by myself. Before getting into all of the food blogging shenanigans, I would have never even gotten close to a grill! But, eventually, after watching my dad cook meat countless times on our outdoor grill, I decided to try something new.
Allow me to introduce y’all to my second recipe of this years #cookoutweek: GREEN grilled pizza! Major emphasis on the word “green,” because do I even need to explain? This pizza is the real MVP of any amazing summer cookout – fresh, vibrant, and packed with tons charred, fresh-off-the-grill flavors. And can we take a moment to appreciate how flipping amazing Trader Joe’s is? I mean, what other grocery store sells pesto gouda cheese? Pesto gouda cheese!!!
It’s that time of year, when everyone’s out and about, planning events for picnics, potlucks, cookouts, and summer parties. And who would I be if I didn’t join in with the festivities? Today’s post is super-duper exciting because right now, not only am I sharing this amazing classic tomato bruschetta, I’m thrilled to announce that #CookcoutWeek2017 is officially under way!!
I’m joining up with over 40 of my food blogger friends to bring you the perfect recipes for hosting the perfect summer get-together, whether it’s by the poolside, at the park, or in your backyard. If that isn’t exciting enough, we’re also have a giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made this year’s #CookoutWeek possible! By entering, you could win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This entire prize pack has a total value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media. You can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
It’s hard to believe that May is already here… like whaaaat?? Where did April go? I feel like I’ve said this at the end of every month, but 2017 is already moving so fast. Before we know it, summer will be here and I’ll be sitting outside, in 100 degree weather, eating a big slice of bright red watermelon. I can’t wait! The first “official” day of summer is sometime in June, but here in Texas it’s going to feel like it a whole lot sooner. But first, before I get ahead of myself, we have to make it through May. Obviously because Cinco de Mayo is in a couple days, it’s only fitting that I share my classic tableside guacamole recipe with y’all!
One of my all-time favorite restaurants, Mi Dia From Scratch, serves this phenomenal tableside guac. They add in all of the essential ingredients needed to make basic guacamole (onions, avocadoes, tomatoes, etc.), but they throw in sundried tomatoes, bacon, and a whole bunch of other genius add-ins. Although I didn’t add anything fancy this particular batch, I listed them in the recipe below. Feel free to give them a try!
When the weekend rolls around, I still like to eat a little healthier, but I’ll treat myself with something a little fancier. Last weekend, I was scrolling through Pinterest and I found a bunch of “skillet” recipes, which in my opinion, is genius. Then, this sweet potato breakfast hash was born! It’s packed with all sorts of deliciousness, like Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers, eggs, and the star of the show, sweet potato. And, it’s filled with all sorts of protein and nutritious vegetables, which is a perfect to start off your day!
Lately, I’ve been getting ready faster in the morning so I’ll have time to make a nice breakfast for myself before I head off to school in the mornings. I’m really proud of myself for that, because I used to not eat breakfast at all, and my stomach would growl during class! Embarrassing. Plus, I’d be super drowsy the entire day and almost inhale my food during lunchtime. So, because of this, my new year’s resolution is to eat breakfast, drink more water, and eat healthier in general. I’ve been having things like avocado toast, acai/smoothie bowls, breakfast burritos, and lots of fruit. Occasionally, I’ll treat myself with something a little sweeter like waffles or pumpkin pancakes (remember those??)