You guys… this is by far one of the most genius recipes I’ve come up with. Just imagine: key lime pie, crunchy granola, and a sweet, fluffy muffin. That’s basically what these coconut lime granola muffins are: a key-lime pie, transformed into muffin form, topped with crunchy coconut granola and packed with summery, citrusy flavors.Best part? They’re health-ified and gluten free.
They can be a quick, grab-and-go breakfast, afternoon snack, or even dessert! Hey, I’d even eat them for dinner. Not kidding, these are that good.
Oh! And I’m bringing back the good ol’ recipe videos (woo-hoo!) I’m really really trying to be consistent with these, seriously. Even though I haven’t even attempted to make another one since my carrot cake bread post back in April, one of my goals this summer was to make more videos. Summer’s over half way over and this is the first one I’ve made😂 It’s all about the baby steps, I guess. Enjoy!
It’s that time of year, when everyone’s out and about, planning events for picnics, potlucks, cookouts, and summer parties. And who would I be if I didn’t join in with the festivities? Today’s post is super-duper exciting because right now, not only am I sharing this amazing classic tomato bruschetta, I’m thrilled to announce that #CookcoutWeek2017 is officially under way!!
I’m joining up with over 40 of my food blogger friends to bring you the perfect recipes for hosting the perfect summer get-together, whether it’s by the poolside, at the park, or in your backyard. If that isn’t exciting enough, we’re also have a giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made this year’s #CookoutWeek possible! By entering, you could win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This entire prize pack has a total value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media. You can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
Summer! Watermelon Lemonade! So! Much! Excitement!
Confession: I haven’t had lemonade in a hot minute. The last time I had it was when I was little, and I know that it was one of my favorite summer drinks growing up! We’re already a couple weeks into summer break, and I haven’t even really thought about actually enjoying the warmer weather. Last week, I was busy at my high school preparing for the upcoming school year already! Thankfully, that’s all over now, and I can seriously start to get in a summer state of mind.
It’s hard to believe that May is already here… like whaaaat?? Where did April go? I feel like I’ve said this at the end of every month, but 2017 is already moving so fast. Before we know it, summer will be here and I’ll be sitting outside, in 100 degree weather, eating a big slice of bright red watermelon. I can’t wait! The first “official” day of summer is sometime in June, but here in Texas it’s going to feel like it a whole lot sooner. But first, before I get ahead of myself, we have to make it through May. Obviously because Cinco de Mayo is in a couple days, it’s only fitting that I share my classic tableside guacamole recipe with y’all!
One of my all-time favorite restaurants, Mi Dia From Scratch, serves this phenomenal tableside guac. They add in all of the essential ingredients needed to make basic guacamole (onions, avocadoes, tomatoes, etc.), but they throw in sundried tomatoes, bacon, and a whole bunch of other genius add-ins. Although I didn’t add anything fancy this particular batch, I listed them in the recipe below. Feel free to give them a try!
First of all, let me just say that I’m not the biggest fan of nutella. Yes, I’m serious. To me, the spread is overly sweet and processed, and makes me sick to my stomach. In fact, my friends look at me like I’m mental when I say I don’t like it! However, I was scrolling through Pinterest when I saw a recipe for homemade healthy Nutella. Like most foods (cookies, cake, etc.), I wondered if Nutella would taste better if I made it myself. It’s pretty easy – a small matter of blending up some hazelnuts and flavoring it with some cocoa, of course, and some other ingredients, such as honey and vanilla. This healthy nutella I’ve created for y’all today is the perfect alternative if any of y’all are looking to eat healthier, but still miss the iconic hazelnut spread.